Monday, 1 June 2015

Month in Numbers | May 2015

As we jump into June, here's a look at how May turned out.
50,894: the number of votes cast in my constituency on Election Day
We had a turnout of 71.4%.  The victor had a majority of just 274 votes 
and won with a 4.21% swing. 
309: the number of photos I took in May.
1: the number of times I drove the car.  I reversed it from the road onto the drive.
8: the number of days tradesmen were in the house.
5: the number of different tradesmen working in the house.
4: the place we achieved in the Scavenger Hunt.
10: the number of layouts created by me.
37: the number of pieces of Happy Mail sent. 
20: the number of times I walked the pooch, 
adding a minimum of 20 hours to my exercise total for the month. 
240: the number of lengths swum by me.
311*: the number of miles flown each way to spend two nights in Sian's city.
47: the age reached by me.

(* My calculations were out by 100 miles ...)

Month in Numbers is the brainchild of Julie 
and you'll always find a warm welcome over at her place. 
 Not to mention entertaining posts about a varied list of topics.
Go on over, stop by and say hello. 

5 comments:

debs14 said...

What a lovely set of figures! How did you manage to go a month and only use the car once? Very impressive!
What a good idea to include the election figures; it will be good to look back on in the future.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I thought my car was neglected! That's a very impressive amount of Happy Mail.

Sian said...

Is that the number of miles from you to me? You know, daft as it sounds, I couldn't have told you that without a very long think!

I'm very impressed by your Happy Mail quota. They should be giving you loyalty points in the Post office :)

alexa said...

Fascinating! I am intrigued you only drove the car once ... and I am most impressed by the pieces of happy mail and the swimming lengths!

Julie Kirk said...

The more I read your numbers Ruth the more a kind of clear, disciplined, deliberate attitude comes through. You seem to have activities you commit to each month - exercise, happy mail etc - lots to admire there ... makes me wonder if I should structure my months more!

Your election-themed numbers made me pause to reflect that it really wasn't that long ago ... .yet I'd completely forgotten about it when it came to do my numbers. Seems like forever.

And May seemed like a good month for blogger-friend meet ups ... again ... another activity I really ought to try!

Thanks for taking a seat on the number train with me Ruth - I've popped you on the board ... there's just a couple of us there this month, but it's quality not quantity that counts! https://www.pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

Here's to a happy June to you all.

Julie :-)