Thursday, 25 June 2015

Summer Salad

My lovely friend, Deb, posted a salad recipe.
How I now smile at the thought of a "new" salad recipe.
Remember the days when a damp lettuce leaf, 
slices of cucumber and a tomato
counted as salad?
Jazzed up with Salad Cream, if you were lucky.

I digress.  
I tweaked Deb's recipe and here's what I served up 
alongside tonight's BBQ.
 Rocket,
diced cooked chicken breast
dried cranberries,
crumbled feta cheese
and balsamic vinegar dressing.
  That's it.
Delicious.


4 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Yum! And hooray! I'm so glad you made it and even happier that you enjoyed it! :o)

Margaret J said...

Sounds delicious!

Liz said...

We can make one with strawberries in it when you come over. That's delicious too. xx

Sian said...

You're right: salad when I was growing up was a leaf of lettuce and a couple of slices of tomato. I saw Deb's salad and I want to try it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...