Monday, 27 July 2015

The Skygarden | Photo Heavy

We took a family trip to the Skygarden, which is at the top of 20, Fenchurch Street
in the City of London.  Londoners know the building as the Walkie-Talkie.
 ~ as seen on the walk from Bank station ~

~ looking directly up ~
Hidden away on the 35th floor is a mini oasis.
With a viewing gallery and spectacular views.
 ~ my hair indicates just how windy it was ~
 ~ Telecom Tower and Wembley Stadium ~ 
 ~ Tower Bridge ~
 ~ a well thought out space ~

~ The Boy Child is a fan ~ 
This was the second visit for The Boy Child and me.
This is what it looked like when we visited with friends at the start of the Summer holidays:  
The facts: you need to book online to visit.  There is no charge.
  Dates are released about a week in advance, so you will have to keep an eye on the website
 if you want a specific date and time. 
 Groups are limited to six in number.
  Adults will need photo ID.  
Be prepared for airport style security.

7 comments:

Liz said...

The London Office is looking good. Glad you had better views this time xxx

Margaret J said...

All looking good in spite of the windy hair!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Well, those are some very nice panoramas taken from a high place!
Rinda

alexa@clara.co.uk said...

I've never heard of this, Ruth - it sounds like a hidden gem (and will let my DD know). Your young man looks remarkably calm: with my non-head for heights, I am not sure I would be. Super photos - I especially like the perspective of the ones from the ground looking up.

Alison said...

What a difference the weather can make to a day out! Xx

Sian said...

Wow, it looks amazing. I love the contrast between the greenery of the garden and the buildings forming the view

Patio Postcards said...

Nice family photo