Saturday, 1 August 2015

Photography Scavenger Hunt 2015 | The Definitive List, Numbers 1-7

This is the third year I've participated in Rinda's Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt.
You can see this year's list here.
Numbers 1-7:
#1: A bouquet of flowers.  I had a few options for this one, but in the end I chose a shot of Grandad P picking a small bouquet from his allotment garden.
 #2: An ornate door knocker.  I scoured the doors of Chelsea for elaborate door knockers and found none.  I settled on the door of a local church.
#3: A person walking a dog (or other animal).  I admit to setting this one up during an afternoon in Hyde Park
#4: People playing a board game or card game.  I went with a shot of The Boy Child and me playing "Dr Who" Top Trumps
#5: Architectural columns.  This was an early find, as we see them every time we visit Grandad P.
#6: A metal bridge.  I initially thought I would photograph the Millennium Bridge in town, but I thought it was a little too obvious.  The Brainy One suggested the bridge down at Canary Wharf, which you may recognise from a set of recent TV adverts (for a car, I think).
#7: A turtle.  I had thought to photograph a friend's pet turtles, but then I spotted one in Hyde Park. You have to look carefully.  The statue commemorates the International Year of the Child in 1979. 

How are you getting on with your list?
You can link up with Rinda here

11 comments:

helena said...

and lots of nice sunshine - lovely bouquet

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What beautiful and creative photos you have given us. I was quite impressed with the turtle and the door knocker. They were all interesting, and of course, the bouquet of flowers was a real treat.

Beverly said...

Great captures :) Has Grandad P lost weight, he looks slimmer, so spry and healthy!

BJ said...

Excellent turtle find, well done BJ

Sian said...

Oh I like that little turtle. Well spotted!

Becky said...

Love your turtle photo :)

Karen said...

A beautiful bouquet, and a fun turtle find!

Melissa said...

Great shots! The flower bouquet is perfect & I'm impressed that you spotted the turtle!

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are great. I especially love your bouquet.
Thanks for joining in and linking up.
Rinda

Nathalie said...

I love your city shots Ruth! It's always fun to see other places through this hunt :) Good luck with the rest of the list!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

This is super!! Clever...you had US hunting for the turtle. I like that. And the smile on your grandad's face as he holds his bouquet of flowers.

I joined in this time around and posted my finds. If you'd care to stop by for a visit, I'd love your company!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...