The Boy Child and I are into our fourth week
at the new school.
Here's a few initial thoughts from me.
~ the school is behind this church ~
1) Drop-off and pick-up are chaotic!
They probably aren't, it just feels that way.
2) The other kiddos are super-friendly, their mums not so much.
Only two have spoken to me and one of them I knew by sight from the gym.
3) It's a lot less personal. I knew it would be.
I haven't spoken more than half a dozen words
to the class teacher since the beginning of term.
4) Volunteering is not as straight-forward.
I have to wait to be asked.
I have to complete another DBS check,
even though I was cleared for a school less than 500 metres away.
In the same LEA.
I will have to complete a training session.
5) The Boy Child is a lot more relaxed, homework
and spellings test notwithstanding.
Which is good.