Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Holiday Journal

I've been giving some thought to how our album 
of this year's Summer travels might look.
And mostly that's all I've been doing.
Apart from the title page. 
 I have, however, finished the travel journal.
 The bulk of it was done while we were away.
When you're staying with family and friends, it's fairly easy 
to write up your day after dinner.
 It's not like sitting squashed up on the end of the hotel bed
while you attempt to put coherent thoughts onto paper.  
 As is usual for me, I include tickets, flyers and anything
that can generally be squashed into 
the journal without causing too much damage. 
 This time, if there was a lot of text, 
I used red ink randomly across the page.
The fact that the journal now doesn't lie flat
 tells me that I did a good job.

8 comments:

Ladkyis said...

I love your travel journal, it is so different to the way I do it. My goto size for the travel stuff is 12x12. I have tried to do it in a journal type book but usually end up ripping out the pages and sticking them into an album. So this has evolved into scanning the written pages and then either cutting them up and sticking them onto the album pages as journalling or simply taking a phrase or sentence for the page with pictures and stuffing the scanned stuff into the back of the album.
This simply proves that we should all do what works for us doesn't it?

Sian said...

You've said it! If it doesn't lie flat it's a success. Is there anything more inviting than a stuffed journal? It just begs to be thumbed through

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

What a fantastic keepsake! I love the look of it, Ruth!

Missus Wookie said...

I like albums and journals that have to be held together - always makes them more tempting.

alexa said...

What a splendid job you've done on that journal, Ruth ... Your handwriting is wonderfully neat. Bulging with memories and photos and bits and bobs, it's just what a good travel journal should look like.

Diana Pratiwi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susanne said...

Nice job, love the clean look of that title page.

Melissa said...

How FUN that you've got your journal finished - it looks great. Reminds me I need to start scrapping our road trip earlier this year & put our Kemah Boardwalk tickets on a page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...