Friday, 4 September 2015

Photographing the Differences

I like to capture the differences when travelling.
You know, the things that you just 
wouldn't see "at home".
 I'm guessing that Park Peace Officers must 
be like park rangers. 
Really?
Some aspects of the right to bear arms leaves me baffled. 
 Mail boxes? 
 How come they're not like the ones we grew up seeing in films?
 Historical markers?  Yes, the UK has those.
Funny ones? Not so much.
My new monthly read.  Not.
My particular favourite.
What catches your eye when travelling?

5 comments:

Sian said...

I like to take photos of shop window displays. And I'm guilty of buying magazines when we're away, even if I can't actually understand them

Abi said...

These are fab spots Ruth. I like to take photos of signs in the US too. We found some fab ones at a state fair one year. All very sincere but quite funny to us brits!

Melissa said...

I had to laugh because all of these look quite normal to me - it is Texas after all! LOL However, we have actual mailboxes in front of each house where we live - bricked in to match the house, of course. :)

And we have a funny sign on our front porch - I need to blog about that one someday!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Well some of your finds are even new to me - Texas is a great big state! I rather like the looks of the mailboxes you shot. Our new house has these and we are really excited. You know first hand how unsecure our current mailbox is, so we are really looking forward to having a mailbox with a lock again.

Diana Pratiwi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...