Friday, 13 November 2015

Easy Christmas Decor

Christmas is becoming hard to ignore.
I saw a Christmas wreath on a door just yesterday.
The local shopping centre already has its Christmas decorations up,
and the tree appeared overnight.
The Christmas catalogues are landing on the doormat daily.
I browse the catalogues in search of inspiration for Christmas gifts and décor. 
I particularly liked this piece from notonthehighstreet.com,
but also knew that I could make my own version for a fraction of the cost.
I used the following:
A sheet of 12x12 paper from the Claus & Co range.
An embellishment from the same range.
Alphas from American Crafts {Tinsel in Cherry}.
A flare from Feed Your Craft (an Etsy shop).
Washi tape {purchased from the Store of Utter Gorgeousness a few years ago}.
An A4 frame from Tiger {the most expensive part, coming in at a whole £4}. 
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see if I have any more
carol-y  12x12 paper in my Christmas stash ... I may be a while.

5 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

It looks great. Very festive. Love the washi tape. My best friend despairs of Christmas shopping with me. She'll pick something up, look at me, and say, "I know what you're thinking: 'I could make it for half the price'."

Patio Postcards said...

Ruth this is lovely, how very crafty of you. This or something similar, I think, would make an excellent gift (teachers & the like). I am definetly going to search my stash ... as always, you provide inspiration.

Sian said...

Very cute! I just got the notonthehighstreet catalogue in the post today and it's as good as a magazine

alexa said...

Yours is much better, in all kinds of design-y ways :). I admire you for doing Christmassy stuff so early. I heard a very funny 'advert' on the radio for the Now show which was all about your first paragraph; I am ignoring the signs as hard as I can!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Adorable! I like yours way better than your inspiration source!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...