Monday, 16 November 2015

Me on Monday

It's all about lists today.
Earlier this morning, I couldn't get settled to any one task.
So I made a list and began to work through it.
The reason for being unsettled?
I was too busy thinking about Friday's horrific events in Paris.
To busy remembering that we were on a rare night out with friends and that, 
in a parallel universe, it could have so easily have happened in our city.
To people like us.  
Who wonder why there is so much hatred in the world.
Who wonder where it will end.
Who wonder what they can do to make a difference.

Me on Monday is Sian's idea and you can see more here.
   

7 comments:

Sian said...

Yes. We think we know a little about mindless violence over here. But this is so sad, so hard to take in.

I hope you get a chance to work your way down that list!

helena said...

yes, leaves me wondering. enjoy your blackberries and apple - I'm stewing rhubarb today

Margaret J said...

Wonder indeed. All we can do is be tolerant, respectful and loving in our little corner of the world.

debs14 said...

It's almost too much to comprehend isn't it? Such a dreadful waste of predominantly young lives.
That's quite a 'to do' list for just one day! I came home from a friend's house with a large bag of windfall apples and have been chopping and stewing since I got back - will be good to have a tasty supply for impromptu crumbles and pies in the freezer!
Have a good week x

Louise H said...

You cant beat blackberry and apple for pies or crumbles. I am useless at to do lists - I forget to look at them and so they don't get done. I'm just hoping love, tolerance and friendship can overcome the horrors of Paris. Enjoy your week

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I've been doing a lot of wondering too. It seems there is just no sense to be made of it.

alexa said...

Sharing your bewilderment and sadness, Ruth ... It is very unsettling :(. On a happier note, I am squinting past your pen to look with great interest about your photobooks. If you ever fancy a post on that, you'll have at least one very keen reader.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...