Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Advent Carol Service

The Brainy One and I had the opportunity to attend
the Advent Carol Service at The Boy Child's 
school this afternoon.
It was held in the same church as the one used by his old school.
But that was where the similarities ended.
I mean, it was lovely and all, but it was like attending a 
concert of choral music.
There was little pupil participation, unless your offspring
happened to be in the choir.
There was no welcome from the Headmaster.

I suppose we were spoilt by our previous school,
 and I have to remember that it's not wrong, merely different.  

1 comment:

alexa said...

Oh, I can hear the disappointment, and the willingness at the same time to accept the difference, Ruth. A welcome would have been good ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...