Friday, 18 December 2015

Easy Christmas Card Display

How do you display yours?
When I was young, mum and dad hung long pieces of string
along the picture rail from corner to corner to hang them on.
 These days, of course, we receive a lot less than back then.
I'd been piling them up on the bookshelf.
Balanced on the tops of books.
They slid off.
Of course they did.
I hunted out a shoe box
(from a pair of shoes for The Boy Child, so it wasn't too big).
 I wrapped it in cheerful Christmas paper.
 I lined it with Christmas patterned tissue paper
(which the staff of Tiger had given a few years ago,
when I commented on how nice it was).
Threw in Filled it with cards. 
Done.
All the cards in one place and easy to access.

7 comments:

Liz said...

That's a great idea. I might have to come up with something like that too. Although we only have 6 cards at the moment!! We don't expect many as we don't send any. xxx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

That's a nice idea. Perfect for rifling through. I do the ribbon from corner to corner thing. I haven't written a single card yet. I think I may have to put them away for next year.

pmk said...

We use a metal Christmas card holder like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/50cm-Silver-Christmas-Standing-Cardholder/dp/B005K8NVXK/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1450453523&sr=8-21&keywords=Christmas+card+holder

debs14 said...

We have double doors that open out between our lounge and dining room and I hang ribbons vertically down the front of those and then pin the cards to the ribbon.

Patio Postcards said...

I like your card box - brilliant & simple idea! I think I could even do. Right now I place cards on the slats on the shutters in the dining room.

alexa said...

Very neat idea! We have some large cork notice boards which I've painted and they hang on the stairs and the cards get pinned to them.

Sian said...

That's a really nice idea. Ours are propped up on the bookshelves at the minute, but I'm going to buy some crepe paper tomorrow and staple them on garlands of paper