Friday, 15 January 2016

Driving

Regular readers know that I walk everywhere.
And if I can't walk, I use public transport.
I haven't driven our car in over a year,
and that was only to move it from the road to the drive. 
But recently I needed to drive.
Someone loaned me their car.  
I drove it in bad weather. 
 I drove it on the motorway.
I drove it in the dark.
I drove it without someone riding shotgun.
I reverse parked.
I couldn't parallel park for toffee. 
Did I enjoy being behind the wheel again?
Not really.
I did it because the end justified the means.
Fortitude: mental strength in facing difficulty courageously

6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Bravo! Driving in all the conditions you faced takes a lot of courage & focus of mind. Living in a rural area, we need to drive to just about everywhere. Although, I can walk to work. I chuckled at your parallel park comment - I will park at the far outer reaches of the car park rather than parallel park.

Sian said...

Ditto on the parallel parking. I keep telling the kids that you didn't need to know how to do it when I did my test. ultimate humiliation: TTO offered to teach me..

Good on you, though. Brave.

debs14 said...

It's amazing what you can do when you have to. You should be proud of yourself.
I avoid parallel parking whenever I can (wasn't part of the test in my day!) but reverse park all the time, that's just the way I was taught!

Alison said...

Well done you! Xx

Abi said...

Well done! I don't enjoy driving much but feel so much more confident now I do it every day to get to work, in the wind, rain, dark and recently snow! I avoid parallel parking at all costs!

Liz said...

You did brilliantly. I'll be you wingman any day :0) xx
There's a Top Gun quote in there somewhere!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...