Thursday, 18 February 2016

A Promise Kept

I have a cousin who likes to sew things.
She works mostly in felt and always hand stitches everything.
During a visit to my mum in hospital, she showed off a coin purse she had made for me. 
For no other reason than she could (make it, not show it off).
 Apparently my mum was delighted with it
 and made all the right noises of approval ... 
 ... she then handed back to my cousin, paused and said,
 "Ruth's favourite colours are pink and purple."
The day after mum passed away, my cousin sat with me, my aunt and uncle, 
her hands busy while we talked, laughed and cried 
and kept her promise to make me one in the 'right' colours. 


6 comments:

helena said...

what a talented lady your cousin is

debs14 said...

What a lovely story. You will certainly treasure that purse.

Patio Postcards said...

Both these little purses are adorable. Your cousin is very crafty. It must be a strong family gene.

Sian said...

It's beautiful. felt-y things are so nice to look at and so lovely to hold

Jo.C said...

I'm so sorry Ruth I haven't visited blogs for a bit so hadn't realised about your Mum. My thoughts are with you and your family. x

Julie Kirk said...

An extra special gift. And how like a mother to be thinking of others right til the end. X