Friday, 19 February 2016

Five on Friday | Half-Term

It's been difficult to manage half-term expectations when I feel so sad.
I've been lucky that The Boy Child is still happy with the more ordinary activities.
1) Hanging out in a coffee shop.
2) Lunch out.
3) Braving the cold for a sunny walk with the pooch in the park.
4) Clothes shopping for The Boy Child.  He's had yet another growth spurt.
 5) Book browsing.  
I hope to have a more exciting time lined up for him during the Easter holidays. 

6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

It is a difficult time for you & what sounds good for T.B.C.sounds good for you too.

Sian said...

I bet a quieter time for him will help him understand that you need time to feel sad. No point in pretending everything is ok when it isn't x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

It's funny to see a shirt with "San Diego" on it where you are. And oh gosh, Ruth, I remember that heavy feeling all too well. Kind of like you are just going through the motions to get from one activity to another. Take good care and be gentle with yourself. Sending big hugs for you and your beautiful boy child. xo

debs14 said...

It's tough to get through the days but having a young child means you have to put that brave face on and get on with things. I'm pleased you have managed to get through half term with some gentle activities.

Ladkyis said...

He probably needs this quieter "ordinary" time as much as you do. He has to come to terms with loss too and he can do it with you and you can both be safe and secure at the same time.
I wish I had arms long enough to reach you and give you all cwtches to ease the pain.
I don't do praying but you are in my thoughts

Alison said...

I am so glad you are taking time to do 'normal'...and that your lovely boy seems to be coping with the sadness...children are so resilient and keep us (at least outwardly) sane at these times ...huge hugs xx