Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Her Final Request

Last Thursday, we interred Mum's ashes.
She'd requested that they go in Dad's grave.
  We arrived early and I was able to fill the flower pot
with beautiful yellow tulips. 
The day before Mum's funeral, The Brainy One and I had visited Dad's grave
and found that the headstone had fallen over.  I was able to arrange with the stonemasons
for it to be cleaned, an inscription added and for it to be replaced safely and securely
before the day of the interment. They did a marvellous job.
Interments are strange things, because they are over in five minutes
 and then no-one knows what to do with themselves.
We took family to lunch.
Later that afternoon, we took The Boy Child for ice-cream at one of my favourite places.
Once the rain cleared, the sky was fantastic.
If I were poetic, I might muse that the 'God Light' {sun beams} was a sign.    

8 comments:

Sian said...

I see what you mean about that amazing sky

Rhona Stevenson said...

I would take it as a sign that your parents were watching over you 😊

Alison said...

Definitely a sign from your parents! Xx

alexa said...

Indeed :). A lovely thing to have captured on a poignant day.

Liz said...

Ever since Dad died I have thought of those sun beams as him smiling down on us. Now I will have to think it is the both of them xx

Patio Postcards said...

Your photo of the sun rays is quite special - yes I like the idea of those you love smiling upon you & yours. Pretty yellow tulips.

debs14 said...

I think that really is a very special, meaningful photo. Beautiful.

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely light and flowers. Glad the stonemasons did a good job too and that your parents are together again.