Monday, 29 August 2016

Currently Reading

My reading this Summer has been sporadic.
The daily paper, a flick through a magazine and that's about it.
Waiting to be finished is the children's classic Swallows and Amazons
and waited to be started is Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
I've never read Swallows and Amazons before and had hoped to read it
aloud to The Boy Child before we saw the film.
Didn't happen.  I'm about a quarter of the way through, 
but have read enough to know that the
 film's scriptwriters have taken a few liberties. 
As for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, it was on offer at half-price.
I've read all the Harry Potter books and even though we have the
box set of the films, I've only seen the first one.  
The Boy Child currently shows no interest in discovering Harry for himself.
What's on your reading list this Summer?

2 comments:

Sian said...

OUr girl was well into her teens before she got really into Harry Potter. I was never a big Swallows and Amazons fan as a child, but J. loves all the stories because he leaned to sail when he was at school. I'm sure we'll make it to the film.

I've been on a Scottish reading kick this summer..Outlander, a book about Burke and Hare, Fair Isle knitting books...

Patio Postcards said...

My reading has been rather less of enjoyment & more of required reading lists as I am getting ready to start some online & in person courses/workshops. I will be interested to hear what you think of the Cursed Child book. You know I am a Harry Potter fan ... I will say no more.