Thursday, 18 August 2016

London Theatre | Bugsy Malone

Yesterday, The Boy Child and I attended a matinee perforamnce
of Alan Parker's Bugsy Malone.
Given that the majority of the cast is made up of children
and young adults, I was expecting it to be rather mediocre.
I couldn't have been more wrong.
Ninety minutes flashed by,
watching great acting, laughing at fantastic comedy 
and on my feet, dancing and applauding until my hands hurt.
My favourites parts of musical theatre 
are the whole-cast ensemble pieces;
singing and dancing as one.
A truly stellar production.
And I now have the show's final lines stuck in my head ...
"you know you're gonna be remembered for
the things you say and do."
  
How very true.

1 comment:

Sian said...

This was one of the first films I ever saw at the cinema so I have a lasting affection for it. I'd love to see the stage show!