Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Snap #29 | Royal College of Surgeons

Helena has a new photographic theme for 2016:
Snap, a visually linked group of 2 to 4 images.
***
{don't look at the last image if you're squeamish ...}
The Royal College of Surgeons houses the eclectic Hunterian Museum;
a vast collection of pickled specimens, for want of a better description,
from mammals, reptiles and insects.  


The Boy Child found the small section on vaccinations hugely interesting
{and became mildly obsessed with the idea of Small Pox}.
Photography is not allowed.

You can see more Snap images here.

8 comments:

helena said...

I can imagine it would be fascinating - even if viewed through a cringe in places

Maggie said...

I have visited a few of these museums during my nurse training as you say gruesome but fascinating. I remember at the Welcome museum a mossy foot...

Sian said...

We've been to a similar museum in Edinburgh and it certainly was fascinating

Eileen T said...

I'm sure it is fascinating but I think I'll pass .... I'm a bit too squeamish!

Karen said...

That might be the first time I've ever seen photos of Small Pox. That vaccination is one of my earliest memories. We all had to get them after the town we were living in was flooded. I don't think that's necessary any more.

Patio Postcards said...

A very fascinating SNAP collection - this would be something I would like to see.

marshaleith said...

interesting collection...a bit too creepy for me though!

alexa said...

All, you certainly hooked me in - though I am not sure it was a total pleasure :). Very interesting, though ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...