Thursday, 8 September 2016

Sunflowers

My friend Deb,
she of the newly-closed Paper Turtle blog,
has a passion for sunflowers.
Living in Arizona certainly helps with the sun part.
Here in London, it may not be as sunny {ahem!},
but I have managed to coax three wee sunflowers into blooming, or as near as.

I bought three seedlings from The Boy Child's friend back in early July.
He was attempting to raise money for the charity Water Aid,
which I felt was a notable thing for a 9-year-old boy to do. 
And having admired my small-but-perfect sunflowers,
I'm off to see what else I might attempt to grow next Spring and Summer. 


2 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

These sunflowers are so pretty. Yeah you. Everyone of mine was eaten at the earliest stages by either the chipmunks or squirrels.

alexa said...

How lovely! A burst of sunshine to reward his and your endeavours :).