Tuesday, 11 October 2016

A Little Shelfie Action and The Art of Positive Affirmation

The Boy Child has a new ladder shelf in his bedroom.
Unfortunately, it had been been damaged in transit
and we are waiting for a replacement part.  
 In the mean time, I am having fun switching things in and out,
 and adding framed prints or postcards in the hope 
that he will absorb their positive messages.
That little box was made by my sister and opens out flat 
to display a collection of photos of our parents. 
I'm also adding family photos, such as the one of my nephew from 2008,
as well as a few of his favourites. 
All the frames came from Marks and Spencer and are very reasonably priced.
The Russian dolls came from the Royal Hospital Chelsea and remind us all of Grandad P.  

3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I like all those positive quotes framed - a great idea. I especially like the tardis!

Sian said...

What a nice collection of special things he has. You've seen our boy's space with all his things laid out: I guess it's important for them to be able to see their souvenirs!

alexa said...

What an inspiring display, reminding him of people he has loved, and who've loved him, and looking to the future reminding him of what he can become. A lovely piece of great parenting, I think :).