Monday, 31 October 2016

Month in Numbers | October

October half-term was 'oarsome' {ahem},
because The Boy Child and I spent it in New York City.
Central Park covers 843 acres of space in the middle of Manhattan.
Even though we visited it twice, we probably saw less than 10% of it.

It takes 60 seconds for the elevators at One, World Trade Center, 
aka Freedom Tower, to travel 1250'. 

5 USD: the amount I was charged by Big Bird before I could take his photo!
He said, "times are hard!"  You can't argue with that.

10s of miles covered as we explored the streets of Manhattan.
***
Month in Numbers is the brainchild of Julie
and you'll always find a warm welcome over at her place. 
 Not to mention entertaining posts about a varied list of topics.
Go on over, stop by and say hello.
You can see my previous Month in Numbers here.


7 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

LOL moment with Big Bird. Sound like quite an adventure week.

debs14 said...

What a wonderful way to spend a week! Had to laugh at the Big Bird story!

Julie Kirk said...

When the city is such a familiar sight it looks like you're on a set rather than just wandering around public spaces. Looks like a wonderful holiday.

(I've popped you on the Pinterest board ... just me and you now I reckon ... and - at this exact moment - not even me!)

Hoping November brings you some dark night / twinkly light magic!

Julie :-)

Sian said...

Oh, I'm laughing about BIg BIrd! $5? It's priceless!

alexa said...

Wow, what a great adventure! Your sparkly numbers say it all ...

Ali said...

Looks like a fab week x

Melissa said...

Sounds like it was a great trip! I've been to New York four times now & still have probably only seen 20% of Central Park.