Thursday, 1 December 2016

December Daily, 1st |Dear Santa

I plan to record December Daily slightly differently 
to how I've done it in previous years.
I'm still producing a scrapbook,
but for here, on the blog,
I'll be sharing a short story coupled with a photo or two.
Thursday, 1st: Elvis the Elf rocked up overnight, 
bringing The Boy Child's letter to Santa with him.
He was delighted to see that he was on the Nice List.
The letter had been written about two weeks ago and was short and sweet.
So short, there were just 3 things on it and they were all books.
{The most astonishing thing about this letter is that it was written just 10 minutes
after a meltdown over English homework.  He wrote it without any help.}  
December Daily: my favourite project of the year.


8 comments:

Tammy said...

So proud of your boy! Books!!! Love it. :)

alexa said...

That's a great story to record! Good for him. And you as his parents who have opened up a wonderful world for him. I do like the colours of your album.

debs14 said...

I have a boy of 26 who still has mainly books on his Christmas list! A love of books is an amazing quality to encourage, long may it last.

Melissa said...

Looks like you'll have a wonderful book at the end of the season! And, wow, he did a great job on his letter!

Diane said...

I'm going to miss seeing your creative scrapping because it is always so inspiring, but change is what helps us grow.

Patio Postcards said...

Welcome back to Elvis. Looking forward to more posts about your December Daily recordings. Books are a gift that keeps giving long after the read ...

Sian said...

He's a man after my own heart. Books are my best present AND I'd rather write to Santa than do English homework.

Ladkyis said...

English homework is school and therefore not fun. Writing to Santa is Christmas and fun so we can all see how we would have a 'moment' too. I would have begun something similar this year but I can't get into my craft room - let's face it the bathroom and the bedroom are the only two room not affected by the work being done. Everywhere else has boxes ... so many boxes ... my life is in a box somewhere