Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Hooky Business | the Finished Article

In March last year, I wrote a post about a crochet blanket Mum had been making.
It was all but finished, with only the border to complete.
I don't crochet, but I have a friend, The Norwegian, who does.
She gave the finished blanket back to me on Sunday,
slightly concerned that the gold wool had run out 
and that she'd finished it in lime green.
I smiled when she told me.
It was the perfect end to this blanket's story.
Mum had a strong faith and never minded when things weren't quite perfect,
as "only God makes things perfect". 

5 comments:

debs14 said...

How lovely to have it finished, that's going to be such a treasured possession x

alexa said...

Ah, that's warmed my heart this morning :). How nice it will be to have and use and know that your Mum's and your kind friend's loving touch are woven into it.

Jane said...

a little part of your mum, it looks lovely.

Sian said...

I love this.

Melissa said...

So lovely - the blanket & the story of the finishing!