Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Trying a Different Crafting Process

I'm a big fan of Kirsty's scrapbooking style,
particularly how she uses a divided page protector to great effect.
And did I mention confetti?
{You can some of her fabulous scrapbook pages here and here}
I had a random mix of photos from Boxing Day that needed a home in our 2016 album,
so using Kirsty's idea as a jumping off point, I printed 6 photos at 10cm x 10cm,
cut two 10cm frames on my Cricut
 {but you could just as easily cut the frames by hand} 
and included a journaling card.
Once I'd added some mixed confetti to two pockets, I stitched them shut.
A few embellishments directly placed on four of the photos and I called it done.
  Its sister page is a minimalist 12x12 layout {borrowing again from Kirsty's design}.
I can see that more pages like these will be appearing in my albums.

4 comments:

Hilary J said...

Those pages look fantastic! Belated happy new year!

Jane said...

I admire Kirsty's style as well and have been thinking of doing something similar, lovely pages

Sian said...

Very cute :)

Patio Postcards said...

A great blend of styles of page (protectors) I have always enjoyed a grid pattern for a layout. LIKE the single 12X12 layout. Now to take my mug of tea and wander over to Kirsty's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...