Friday, 22 January 2010

Philadelphia Smoked Salmon Tagliatelle

Shimelle's tip for today in her Blogging For Scrapbookers Guide is to share a recipe. And, as it happens, I had an email chat with my bloggie friend Mel about recipes for salmon and pasta just yesterday afternoon. I can't claim any credit for it, as I discovered in a magazine advert for Philadelphia.

Serves 4 (but only if they have mouse-like appetites)

Ingredients:
400g dried tagliatelle
120g Philly Light with Chives (or plain Philly and add mixed herbs)
125g smoked salmon
juice of 1/4 of a lemon
100ml semi-skimmed milk
salt and pepper to taste

Cook the tagliatelle in a large pan as directed on the pack. Cut the smoked salmon into small strips. Drain the pasta and leave in colander. Add the milk, Philly Light with Chives and lemon juice into the still warm pan, stir to melt. (I found this better if I put the pan back on a very low light.) Add the pasta back to the sauce and stir well. Fold the smoked salmon in gently. Finish with a grind of black pepper.


5 comments:

humel said...

Yay - thank you very much :-) This will be especially good next time I want to feed mice... ;-) But since it's only me and The Doctor who'll eat it, the quantities will be on the generous side anyway - which should leave enough for next day's lunch, hooray!!

Liz said...

Looks good but I'm thinking......chillies!!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

My favorite parts -- "Serves 4 (but only if they have mouse-like appetites)" LOL! That is priceless, but the recipe sounds delicious. Thanks, Ruth!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Rhona said...

The recipe looks good - if it serves 4 mice would it be suitable for 1 human or 2? lol!!

Ruth said...

DH and I both agree that if you served this quantity to 4 people, you'd still be hungry at the end. This does for us both, with a bit left over.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...