Saturday, 30 January 2010

Pink Saturday

Good morning and welcome to the fifth Pink Saturday post of 2010! As ever, we have been organised by the fabulous Beverly over at How Sweet The Sound; do check out her blog for a complete list of participants. My 'pinkies' this week are these gorgeous roses and carnations, which I picked up in my local supermarket. They're really brightening up my kitchen table on these miserable winter days, I can tell you.
This week's GiveAway can be seen here: if you would like a chance to win it, please leave a comment to show that you dropped by; become a follower of this ordinary, run-of-the-mill blog if you'd like a 2nd chance of winning. The random number selector thingy will choose the winner at 12 Noon (GMT) on Tuesday, 2nd February.
If you've the time, stop by Riet's blog at Riet's Photoblog for more pink loveliness. I know that I've recommended this blog before, but you really should check it out, as Riet has some stunning photography on show.

~~ Message for Tricia of Altered Schoolmarm blog ~ you need to send me your address when you can, so that I can put your prize from last week in the post. Thanks. ~~

14 comments:

someplace in thyme said...

Beautiful blooms Ruth, they look perfect and so fresh, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Linda said...

Love the pink flowers! Makes a room much brighter.

Bernie said...

Ahhhhhh pink is my favorite color and I love your beautiful flowers which would brighten any room of the house......:-) Hugs

Rhona said...

We were given some roses this week and they've made me feel so much better each time I look at them. I keep thinking Spring must be on it's way soon (wishful thinking perhaps seeing as we woke to a fine layer of snow again!). I've just popped over to Riet's blog, she has some lovely photos!

dottydotty said...

gorgeous roses Ruth have a fab pink saturday

furrypig said...

Ok I'll make a confession I don't really 'do' pink! Having said that I do end up crafting with lots of pink products those flowers look stunning!

Riet said...

Hi Ruth. That is a beautiful bouquet on your table. I love those pink roses. Thank you for mentioning my name on your blog. I am truly honoured. I just try to do my best with my photo's and I try to learn from others every day. Have a nice weekend

Regina said...

Lovely boquet!
Happy PS. Enjoy the weekend.

Amy@OCD: Obsessive Creative Disorder said...

I can't wait until spring when my flowers come back! Your giveaway is so cute! I love it!

Susie Jefferson said...

Gorgeous flowers - and yes, our local supermarket is also offering the Easter eggs - and the Cadbury's ones (I'm addicted). I suppose June will be the start of the Christmas stuff again.

Happy Pink Saturday!

humel said...

Very pretty flowers :-) Happy Pink Saturday! x

Jennifer said...

I love the flowers! I can't wait till Spring for all the beautiful blooms! Thank You for sharing the beautiful Pink Flowers!

Have A Great Day!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Jennifer
Livin' With Hoosiers

Gail said...

Lovely, I can see how they would make you smile even in the gloom. LOL.

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Ruth.

I love having fresh flowers in my home, too. Yours are beautiful, and thank you for sharing.