Sunday, 28 February 2010

Poorly DS

My poor wee mite was struck down with a sickness bug at tea-time yesterday. Suddenly. Out of the blue. From nowhere. At 3-years-old, he is still too young to understand what is happening to him, and it breaks my heart to see him so distressed. Happily, almost 24 hours later, I can report that the bug seems to have 'bugged off', although DS is very subdued and off his food.
Today I am thankful for: a washing machine & tumble dryer, a plentiful supply of towels and bedding and a husband who doesn't bat an eye lid when his son throws up all over him.

(These hearts were inspired by Deb at the brilliant Paper Turtle blog; check her out, as she has plenty of great crafty stuff to share.)

11 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Ruth...
So sorry to hear that DS had a little flu bug, and grateful DH has a strong stomach. When one gets sick, it comes so quickly there is not time to think. Poor little guy. I would say broth and jello for him.

Yes what would we do without our washers and dryers. They keep us moving for sure. Mine allows seems to be washing something at sometime.

Have a beautiful Sunday sweetie. Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Annesphamily said...

I am the laundry attendant at my house! LOL!

Poor DS. I hate when the kids get sick even now as they are high school and college age. But it is so true when they are small they can not really comprehend what the heck is happening! Love to all three of you this morning!

Ann said...

Poor mite! Hope he's getting better. The young are very quick to recover from these things, unlike us. I bet he's back to normal tomorrow.

humel said...

I'm sorry to hear that xx Glad he's on the mend, hope he's completely better very soon xx

Rhona said...

Poor DS, glad to hear the bug seems to have left the building. Hope he's back to normal soon. xx

Lulu said...

Oh poor little H! Hope he's feeling better now?

Liz said...

Poor H. Hope he's feeling better soon. Squishes from the Scottish office xxx

furrypig said...

Bless hope DS is better there have been lots of D & V type bugs about my DS had something last week.

Deb said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that your boy isn't feeling well. I hope your cute hearts cheered him up!

Thanks for giving me a shout-out on your blog, Ruth. Very sweet of you.

xo

Bernie said...

Ah the poor little guy, am glad he is a bit better. Big hugs to him, and I hope he is completely better soon......:-) Hugs

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ruth, I hate to hear about DS being sick. I hope he is much better soon. Hugs to all of you...

XO,

Sheila

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...