Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Scrap Weekly 2010: Challenge #6 ~ Make A Card

Over on the Scrap Weekly 2010 blog, this week Francine wanted us to make a card. It didn't have to be for Valentine's Day, it could be for any reason at all. I settled on Valentine's Day because DH has requested a homemade card ~ don't worry, he never looks at my blog, so there's no danger of him seeing it before Sunday!
The patterned hearts are cut to 1.5 inches and the cardstock is cut to 2 inches. I used foam pads to stick the smaller hearts to the larger ones and the hearts to the card. The placement was deliberate ~ 2 identical hearts for me and DH, and the inverted heart with a different pattern for DS. A small stamp in the corner and inking around the edges and I was done. And, rather surprisingly for me, I actually like the end result!

9 comments:

Rhona said...

I like the way your card turned out and that the hearts have meanings. I'd have to have a lot of hearts on my card ;)

Photographing Mom said...

Very beautiful, Ruth!!

Bernie said...

What a pretty card, your husband will love it and you included your son as well....love that...:-) Hugs

humel said...

I've been looking forward to seeing your card, I knew it would be lovely :-) Your husband will love it x

Lulu said...

This is gorgeous Ruth! Is it copyright protected or can I scraplift similar?!

Sian said...

It's fab! I love the meaning behind the hearts, and you've photographed it beautifully too.

Deb said...

I love this card. I really like how you positioned the hearts! I have been inspired... ;o)

Liz said...

It's lovley and I'm sure will appreciate it seeing as he asked for a home made one. I've just made another one for your DN to give to his girlfriend!!

furrypig said...

great card I love the sophisticated simplicity!