Tuesday, 2 February 2010

A Short Tutorial





My February copy of Creating Keepsakes magazine arrived in the post this morning; always a great distraction from the ironing! On page 19, they have a small feature on how to create a rather cute 'lovebug' from 2 punched circles and 1 heart. Here's how they did it:
Punch 1 small circle, 1 medium circle and 1 heart shape from patterned paper or cardstock~ I used 1 1/4", 1 1/2" & 1 1/2".
Cut the heart in half to create 2 wing shapes.
Adhere the shapes together, as shown in photo #3.
Use a white or silver pen to draw eyes and antennae.
Now the challenge is to use a few on a LO! And I've just realised that this fits in perfectly with Shimelle's suggestion for today in her Blogging For Scrapbookers guide ~ result!





13 comments:

Jenny said...

This is really a cute idea! I am in a Valentine swap and haven't thought of anything super cute...I think your idea is it! Thank you for sharing it. I think I need to re-subcribe to Creating Keepsakes. I got the best ideas from that magazine.

Lulu said...

What a great way to use up some scraps :)

Sian said...

That's a very nifty idea :)

Bernie said...

Really cute, and I love it as even I can do it......:-) Hugs

humel said...

Love this almost wordless tutorial - though the words at the end explaining the sizes were necessary in my case lol - I had visions of enormous bugs being created till I mentally readjusted from 8" circles to 1 1/2" circles!!

CC said...

I love this idea..I have the most perfect sweet pink papers for this..now to find a suitable paper for the little head.

Deb said...

Oh these are adorable! What a cute idea! Can't wait to see how you use them in a layout. :o)

Liz said...

Very cute. How many did H make?

Rhona said...

They really are cute, what a clever idea. Expecting to see them on a layout soon ;)

Martha said...

That is super cute, you can adapt that for beading too.
Thanks, Ruth.

Amy said...

super cute :-)

Annesphamily said...

Very cute, I love this idea!

Liberty :) said...

they are really cute!