Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Walnut Brownie Bites

These are delicious, and best served warm.

50g walnuts, finely chopped
80g butter
150g dark eating chocolate, chopped (I use milk chocolate, as I find the dark too rich)
150g firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
50g plain flour
60g sour cream

Preheat oven to 180C, 350-375F, Gas 4-5. Lightly grease two non-stick 12 hole mini muffin tins; divide walnuts among holes.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan; stir over low heat, without boiling, until mixture is smooth. Cool to just warm.
Stir sugar and egg into mixture, then sifted flour and cream; spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 15 minutes. Using a sharp-pointed knife, loosen side of brownies from pan; stand 10 minutes. Remove brownies gently from pan.
Makes 24.

10 comments:

Riet said...

Oh my goodness, I get so hungry when seeing this. Lovely

Sian said...

Oh, these look delicious! Not too big and not too rich sounds perfect for me.

Deb said...

Yummmmmmmm!!! Craving chocolate now...

humel said...

They look fab; I'd need to leave out the walnuts for myself but I bet they'd still be yummy :-)

Liz said...

I hope mine are in the post!!

Bernie said...

I am baking this afternoon and am going to bake these, it is an easy recipe to follow, thank you Ruth.
.........:-) Hugs

Rhona said...

These look yummy - I'll have to make some when I've saved some points so I can eat them!

Jane said...

Ohhhhh I happen to have ALL the ingredients in the house!!! How convenient :) YUM!!! :)

dottydotty said...

they look delicious have given up chocolate for lent but maybe they can be my easter treat

Martha said...

Wow, yummy delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...