Thursday, 4 March 2010

63/365

~ Monthly meeting of the Book group ~
Out has gone The Other Hand by Chris Cleve and in has come Lolita by Vladamir Nabokov. This morning's discussion was very lively and, at one point, was in danger of straying into the realms of personal insults. It turns out that offering an opinion on the way Great Britain (and by association, the British) sees Asylum Seekers, genuine or otherwise, is a very emotive issue. We were roughly a 50:50 split on whether we liked the book, I was a 'no'.
I am pleased to report that I have made a start on Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and it looks very promising. 'Babe' and 'Bill' from Easy Company are still waiting to be read. What's on your bookshelf this month?


4 comments:

Sian said...

Happy World Book Day Ruth! I'm reading Wolf Hall at the minute and I posted the other books I'm flicking through on my blog today.

Bernie said...

I smiled as read about your book club and its members....your new book sounds appealing....:-) Hugs

Liz said...

I've not started Redeeming Love yet. It's in my pile of "To Read" book. Very quiet library!

furrypig said...

Currently reading 'the Purple Hibiscus' love reading about others book recommendations and their book clubs!