Saturday, 20 March 2010

The Kindness Of Strangers

Yet again, I have been caught out by the kindness of those who inhabit Blog Land. We came home from swimming to discover the Postie had left a pile of mail, including a parcel for me from Canada. "Who do we know in Canada?" asked DH. In reality, we don't. But in the Blog Land I inhabit, I know Jane from Life Is Sweet. And she very kindly sent me these FANTASTIC mittens from the recent Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver.
My sister had posted recently about mittens I bought her a few years ago, and I commented that I still liked them, but not as much as the Olympic ones. Jane saw this comment and that was that. She also very kindly popped into the parcel an Easter sticker book for DS and a box of marshmallow chicks.
I am completely overwhelmed by her generosity and it's not often that I am stuck for words, I can tell you. Jane ~ thank you a million times, and do let me know if there is anything I can send you from 'home'. (Jane is a Brit masquerading as a Canadian!)

9 comments:

Bernie said...

Ruth, I don't even have a pair of these mittens, by the time I went shopping there wasn't a pair to be found so enjoy these sweetie, how lovely of Jane to send them...Hugs

humel said...

Jane's a sweetie :-) Fab mittens, and I'm so pleased for you Ruth x

Liz said...

How cool are they? Don't you just love blogland and all it's kindness?

suddenly sahm said...

so fun!

I live 100 miles from Vancouver and don't have these mittens!

Rhona said...

What a great gift :o) I love the generosity of blogland friends, we are so lucky!

Riet said...

What a wonderful gift from a friend

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Ruth Sweetie...
You lucky ducky. I would adore a pair of those mittens myself. How cute they are. I will never outgrow mittens. We just go together, and yes in the desert there are some mornings mittens are nice on that cold steering wheel.

A sticker book and chickies for DS too. How precious. Have a beautiful Saturday sweetie, and thanks for sharing your wonderful treasure. What a true gift of love. Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Jane said...

I'm so glad they arrived safely - and just in time for the closing ceremony of the Paralympics ;) lol! Ah well - wear them on July 1st for Canada Day and just have sweaty palms ;)
x

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Those are great!