Thursday, 18 March 2010

Scrapped Artwork

I began this project in January, but it has taken until now to get my finger out and finish it. The idea behind it is, because we don't have any family members living where we live, that DS can look at this 'family album' daily and put names to faces easily. It is now hanging in the playroom. The inspiration came from a piece in the January 2009 edition of Creating Keepsakes by Suzy Plantamura. She'd made a wall hanging about her goals for getting fit and it was only 2 photos in width. If you're interested, we have:
Top row ~ DH & me, DS, DH; Middle row ~ Granny, cousin S, Uncle J & Auntie L; Bottom row ~ Uncle L & cousin D, Grandma & Grandpa, Grandma & Auntie L.
(Two Auntie Ls, just to confuse you!)

8 comments:

Liz said...

Great idea. I hope all those mug shots don't give him nightmares....only joking xx

Bernie said...

Liz is so funny....this is a great idea.......:-) Hugs

Ann said...

What a lovely idea. I bet he really enjoys seeing those familiar faces in the playroom too.

Rhona said...

I think it's a fantastic idea, we had a similar idea with a photo collage of family because some of my family is still in SA. Now that the children are older it's not an issue anymore.

Sian said...

Brilliant idea..he can give them a wave every day then.

Deb said...

I love this idea, Ruth! When my niece was really little I would send photos of me and DH and DD to her in the mail just to keep ourselves "present" in her life. I think it helps with the shy factor when you finally do get together because the child recognizes and feels the family connection right away.

Have a great weekend! xo

humel said...

This is such a lovely project, Ruth :-) I've been trying to figure out which side of the family each member comes from!! Is it your Mum on the left of the middle row?

Liz said...

I've just realised that Granny and your DN have the same grin!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...