Thursday, 11 March 2010

Something From {Almost} Nothing: Prompt 1

Shimelle's new online class began yesterday; the stash busting has begun! Her example album is called Celebrate Life and the task at the end of the 9 page prompt was to create the title page and to 'embrace' any metal(s) lurking in the stash mountain.
I've made a 6x12 album, which I will bind with my BIA at the end, and the subject is a sailing trip DH took with his dad in August 1999 to see the eclipse. I'd recently rescued the photos from a sticky plastic sheet album (and then put the empty album straight in the bin!). Unfortunately, the weather wasn't that great during their trip and all the photos are in various shades of grey ~ sky, sea and land.
With that in mind, I finally broke into my stash of 'Wishes' papers from Creative Memories and my pile of Bazzill polka dot card stock, picking out the shades of blue and green. The metal elements are 2 fish and 2 brads. The luggage label is the fun element, given the British weather in August! Even the title is a mish-mash of fonts, something I never do, so all in all a good start to stash busting.

9 comments:

humel said...

Looking good :-) Can't wait to see your album grow x

Irene said...

Really good ideas Ruth! Love it!

Amy said...

Love the colours you have chosen Ruth! The photos sound like they will match your papers really well :-)

Bernie said...

I think you have a great idea here, it will be wonderful when completed, love the colors....your husband will love it for sure......:-) Hugs

Sian said...

I love your title! This is going to be a great album, I can tell that already :)

Deb said...

What a fun page! I love the luggage tag and letters you used!

I plan to put my album together with my BIA as well. I don't use it as often as I should, and thought this class would be a good reason to bring it out! :o)

furrypig said...

sounds a great project will look forward to seeing more as time goes on

Clair said...

Looking good already. Hoping to start on mine over the weekend.

Jane said...

A sailing trip to see the Eclipse!!! That sounds amazing!! I remember the eclipse :) I was living in Stockport at the time :) We only had a partial eclipse there but it was dusk-like :)

I LOVE that paper to the left!!! The starry one!!