Friday, 5 March 2010

The Stash Mountain

So Shimelle set a challenge for those of us who have signed up to her new class, Something From Almost Nothing, which begins on Wednesday. The basic idea of the class is to use up existing stash supplies and not to invest in anything new. Her challenge was to photograph your own personal stash supply/hill/mountain.
We begin with a small cupboard full of 12x12 albums, pages and page protectors. Hmmm, I've no need to buy a new album for years! Then we move onto the storage boxes (Really Useful Boxes, 7 ltr. capacity, perfect for 12x12 card and paper). All 7 of them: card stock, patterned paper, embellishments, Christmas themed stash and scraps. The yellow pizza box holds journaling paper.
On my craft table, lined up along the back are 5 cookie jars filled with all kinds of flowers, 8 spice jars filled with buttons, 2 kilner jars filled with more buttons and an old coffee jar filled with one-of-a-kind embellishments.
Next up is a storage tote. This is filled with numerous ink pads, cropadile, assorted punches, tearing tool, stitching guide and Dymo machine.
On the floor to the right of my desk is this small pile of yet more Really Useful Boxes. Top one holds rik-rak, middle one holds ribbon and bottom one holds chipboard alphas.
So there you have it. There can be no denial from me. It's official. I have too much stash! I sincerely hope Shimelle is true to her word!






19 comments:

Riet said...

You sure have a lot of stash but it all looks so neat. I think I have a lot more than you but then I am collecting stash longer than you I suppose. LOL. I am not going to show.:)))

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I need to show these photos to my husband. He claims my digi scrapping is expensive. I need to show him all the stuff I could be owning right now if I did it in paper. :)

Bernie said...

WOW.....what a lot of stuff, no wonder you are able to make such beautiful things. You do keep everything so neat and I love how you can see what is in your boxes making everything easy to find. Have a great weekend....:-) Hugs

furrypig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
furrypig said...

Does that mean I have missed the first prompt already?? AM I already behind for my first ever class??!!!LOL Will be embarrassing to show my untiday stacks of stash yours is soooo tidy!

furrypig said...

Thanks Ruth went over to the forum and caught up! Might take some pics over the wend... if I am brave enough!

humel said...

It's all so beautifully organised! I haven't photographed my stash yet, not sure if I dare... Thanks for the glimpse of yours though, really interesting :-)

Irene said...

Wow! What a lot you got!!! Mountain you said? More like a whole range.....the Himalyas spring to mind!!

scrappyjacky said...

Not sure if I dare photograph mine....you've certainly got a lot...but very well organised.

Deb said...

Fun! I want to come over and play in your craft room! :o)

melissa said...

great stash!

Jane said...

Great post....I'll have to get to mine tomorrow. I got rid of a lot of my stash last year sent it to school for their crafts....so I feel like I don't have much left lol - although my husband would disagree ;)

Martha said...

That is a great stash! I love how you have used the jars for storage, great idea!

Sian said...

Nicely organised :) I like it!

Heather said...

wow, love how organised everything is! I am still a work in progress with getting my stash and room organised. love the little jars :)

Clair said...

Hi Ruth! Just stopping by from Shim's class forum. Loving the stash photographs - I've got mine ready to post tomorrow. Yours is all so neat and tidy - did you tidy especially? :)

Deana (loves paper) said...

Wow! That's a lot of stuff, but at least it's neatly organized. I love the jars; they remind me of this little coffee shop I used to go to that was completely filled with wonderful things (until it got new owners and now it just has tables and chairs -- boo!). Very inviting.

Liz said...

You have waaaaaay too much stash. I expect to see you work miracles with the new class with all that stuff you have :0)

SueB said...

Just to put you at total ease about your mountain of stash. I can probably triple that, at least, probably more. Well, that does include all my craft supplies as well as scrapbooking....oooops...Not only that but your stash is soooo well organized. I have great organization combined with total disaster. So don't worry about what you have, just enjoy!!!