Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Kisses On A Postcard

My sister sent me this book today as a JBP, isn't that the best title? I've talked about JBPs before, but in case you don't remember or haven't been reading this blog long, I'll explain. A JBP is a Just Because Present ~ something that you send to a friend or loved one just because. It needn't be expensive, it needn't be unusual. It's a JBP just because you think the recipient will like it.
Here's what the blurb on the back has to say: "When you get there", Mum said, "you find out your new address and you write it on the card. Then you post it at once. Now, the code. Our secret code ... You know how to write a kiss? Well, put one kiss if it's horrible and I'll come straight there and bring you back home. You put two kisses if it's all right. And three kisses if it's really nice. D'you see? Then I'll know."
I can't wait to find out how many kisses they put.

7 comments:

Photographing Mom said...

I can't find it at my library. Gonna have to do an interlibrary loan request...

Suzie Button said...

Hi Ruth, what a sweet sister! I love to read and this book looks wonderful! I will have to look for it after I finish what I'm reading now. I haven't checked in on you lately, and wanted to say hi too! Hope you're having a great day and week! Suzie

Bernie said...

I love the idea of JBP, and I really enjoy the relationship you and Liz have.....sisters do have a special bond, so love my sisters.
.......:-) Hugs

dottydotty said...

a fab idea might just have to send one:)

Ladkyis said...

And when you've read it you could pop over to www.Bookcrossing.com and join up and then register release the book - or send it to someone as a JBP and have them journal it so that you can follow its progress

Sian said...

I like the idea of a JBP. In our house we have un-birthday presents, which is a gift for the sibling whose birthday it isn't!

humel said...

We do un-birthday presents too! :-) And the occasional RAK - Random Act of Kindness - which I guess is the same kind of thing as a JBP.

This book looks really interesting, Ruth. You must tell us a bit more about it when you're read it! xx