Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Week In The Life: Tuesday's Pages

You might notice that some photos have been printed in black & white for Tuesday's pages in the Week In The Life album: the shot of my feet (my poor, overworked feet!) and the shots of the fair on the Common and the metal arch leading into the rose garden on the edge of the Common.
There was no particular reason for choosing those shots, I just thought they would add interest to the DLO. However, I did specifically choose the shot of the church at the end of our road for the 7x5 image. Not because it was the best shot of the day, but because I like how, if you didn't know, you might think the church was in a rural setting. In actuality, it's about 500 metres from the hideous North Circular (A406). (There's a huge amount of British social and political history connected to this church; I'll do a post on it soon.)
I included the shot of the homeless man to remind me to count my blessings and to think of others ~ which is also why I stamped the word 'remember' underneath it. That's the 2nd time I've photographed him in the church doorway and last week I discovered his pal sleeping rough under the huge Oak tree on the Common.


2 comments:

humel said...

This is another lovely set of pages, Ruth - I'd love to hear more about the church, and I found your comment about the homeless man very moving xx

Deb said...

I love the mixture of photos you have combined, Ruth! And I really like the black and white mixed in as well. What a lovely keepsake you have created!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...