Monday, 18 October 2010

MTAV: Pages S & T

S is for: Scotland, Scrapbooking, Sisters and Sprouts.  T is for: Tango, Television and Travel.
Sisters:
Sisters are probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.  ~Margaret Mead.  I read this quotation and know that it is true.  When we were children, we weren’t always kind to each other and we used to argue like cat and dog.  Now, when I look back at that time, I feel regret for wasting that time with her, but I also feel enormous love, pride and gratitude that we have that shared history; a history that is ours alone, and no-one can take that from us.  Love and storm together.  See also: J****, Mum & Quotations.

Tango:
I would love to able to dance properly.  When I worked at the Royal Ballet School, I would convince myself that learning Classical Ballet would be easy, because the pupils could do it.  Now, when I watch Strictly Come Dancing every autumn and winter, I think, “I could do that!”  And the funny thing is, is that I probably could, albeit not to such a professional standard.  All that stops me is the ability to find a local dance class for beginners of a certain age.  Perhaps that should be a goal for 2011?

5 comments:

Deb said...

I feel the same way about my sister, Ruth. We spent a lot of time in the early years fussing about one thing or another, and today she is one of my best friends! xo

humel said...

Love the journaling about your sister :-)

Sprouts?!! OK, I'd better not get started!!

Amy said...

Ruth, I swing by for a visit and you have been so busy in the last 24hours!
I giggled at the thought of the CP boy band, love the layout of your forthright young man on his daily walk and your MeTAV entries are fabulous - particularly the sisters entry, mind would sound similar :-)
Oh, how could I forget - Thomas the Tank, such a comforting sight!

Liberty :) said...

good luck with your dancing, you should totally go for it in 2011

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I would love to be able to dance properly too.

oh... had to add, the word verification is hoglog. Cracks me up