Friday, 5 November 2010

Home And Away

Today is an auspicious day in our house, as it marks the day that DH and I begin our first weekend away together since the birth of DS.  Which is why Granny and Auntie V have come to stay.  They will be taking charge of DS and the pooch from about 2pm this afternoon until late afternoon on Sunday.  I am very excited at the prospect of our weekend away, but also apprehensive at the thought of both of us being away from DS at the same time.  I know that he will be fine, but that won't stop me texting home every few hours, will it?
Where are we going?  West out of London, to the far side of the Cotswolds to this amazing looking hotel ... I don't think the Red Arrows will be gracing us with a fly-past, though!
I'm taking my laptop, so 365:2010 will hopefully continue as planned.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Have a great weekend Ruth, I hope you and DH really have a great time and try not to worry about DS too much - it looks like he is in capable hands :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Have a wonderful weekend with your sweetie, Ruth, and something tells me that DS will be just fine. Something also tells me that DS will be spoiled and petted and pampered by hi grandmom and aunt, and the time will fly by for him. Now for the rest of you??? Not so sure, but do have fun!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

P.S. That hotel looks FABULOUS! Second honeymoon material, for sure!

Beverly said...

Yay for you! I personally think alone for a couple is very important. I know my boys staying with my parents over the years was a wonderful thing for them, my parents and for us. Have a glorious time!

Lulu said...

Bon voyage! Leave the laptop and the mobiles in the car is my advice!

Sian said...

Have a wonderful weekend :)

humel said...

Hooray! Have a super time :-)

Kirsty.a said...

Have a lovely time. I'm with Lulu - blogging can wait until Monday

Liz said...

Step away from the laptop and enjoy your time together without H. The pictures will wait until Monday.
The best thing about mine and your BILs weekend away was his phone going flat on the first afternoon :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...