Wednesday, 3 November 2010

MTAV: Pages W And X

 

W is for War Graves and Weddings.  X is for X-Hausted, X Marks The Spot and XXXXs.







X-Hausted:
I never seem able to catch up on my sleep, no matter how early I go to bed. I literally yawn my way through the day, from daybreak to day’s end. I tell myself that it’s common for a woman of 42 to be exhausted when she is the mother of an almost 4-year-old boy. That’s my theory anyway and I’m sticking to it. See also: Zzzzz.

X Marks The Spot:
I’ve never understood why women get a bad press when it comes to map reading. I’ve always worked under the premise that if you can read, you can read a map. As a child, I can remember spending hours looking through our old atlas, working out where places I knew actually were in relation to where I lived. Once I left home and began to drive, a local A-Z became indispensible. I love that DS is showing an interest in road maps and, although he doesn’t yet understand the concept of map reading, he loves to point at places and ask, “What’s this one?”

XXXXs:
What could be better than spontaneous hugs and kisses from those you love? When written down, or typed at the end of an email, the lowly and insignificant letter ‘X’ becomes so much more. It hints at love. It conveys love. It can provoke happy memories. It promises much. I love the humble letter ‘X’.

(With thanks to Bernie and Deb, who both suggested using 'X' to act as hugs and kisses.)

5 comments:

humel said...

I love that X and all it represents, too :-) And I love your pages! Nearly there with them now, then! xx

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

xx to you too, Ruth and yes, sleep is certainly elusive with a busy 4 y/o! Happy November!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

XXXXXX to you, too, Ruth, and get some zzzzzzzzzzzzz. I need some, too! ;-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

P.S. I don't have a four year old as an excuse. Not sure why I'm so tired and am having trouble sleeping.

Amy said...

I am a fellow map and atlas reader - love them :-) I am also a member of the perpetually tired club!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...