Tuesday, 7 December 2010

December Daily ~ The 7th

The day where the idea changed it's mind not once, but twice.
I photographed some beautiful poinsettias when I was out and about this morning; the thinking behind the shot that there was my page for today.  But then I read Shimelle's JYC prompt for today (check out my blog friend Rhona's LO, used as an example by Shimelle) and it was all about lists.  I love lists and I've got plenty of lists in my head right now.  Okay, I thought, keep poinsettias for another day and do lists today.  My brain, however, was having none of it.  Do "grateful", it kept saying, "and you know why." 
Out in the real world this morning, I learned something that derailed my emotions, something that I had almost been expecting, but a shock to have confirmed, none the less.  (I'm afraid that the something is something that I'm not yet ready to share with BlogLand.)
Then the postie brought me this, from Amy in Australia ...
... and I cried, but there was just a chink of light appearing in my day.  That over-active mind of mine then nudged me again and said, "stop blubbering.  Why don't you email Robyn, she knows all about the something?"  So I did, and Robyn replied almost immediately with words of wisdom and comfort.  And I cried.
So now my album has a page about being grateful and an extra page holding Amy's card and Robyn's email.
And in case you were wondering, the patterned part of the baubles lift up to reveal the journaling.  The left hand one reads, "Grateful to Amy from Over At Our Place blog for sending me a beautiful card and for writing such kind things on it."  The middle one reads, "Grateful for DS ~ a young boy who can reduce his mummy to tears with these words, "Give me a hug, Mummy"".  The right hand one reads, "Grateful for Robyn from Made In Brooklyn blog who replied promptly, honestly and positively to my possibly intrusive and unsolicited email."
(Did any of you notice that I had to butcher an 'F', in order to make a 'T'?) 

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Ruth, you are so sweet! So, so sweet. Thank you.

Rhona said...

A very meaningful post. I too got a card from Amy for which I am very thankful, what a lovely friend. Hang in there with your unexpected something and thank goodness for people like Robyn. xx

Amy said...

Now I am going to cry ..... oh dear, I am too far away!
I am so glad that my little wonky photo made it to you and helped to cheer you a little.
Take care and it is great that Robyn has been able to help you over the past few days. xx

Sian said...

A wonderful page!

Deb said...

I'm so glad you found comfort through blog friends, Ruth. Your grateful page is lovely, and so are you. xoxo Take care!!!

Kisiwa said...

Wishing you all the best with your news.

humel said...

I'm sorry that you've had news that you didn't want, Ruth. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Please let me know if there's anything I can do xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...