Sunday, 30 January 2011

Yesterday & Today: Week 5

The idea this week was to look at telling stories without the use of a photo ~ something that I never do.  Ali's suggestion was to begin with a list of things/facts that you would like your child/ren (and possibly future generations) to know about you.
Here's what I came up with:
Scrapping in a 6x12 format is something else that is new me, but I think I could be a convert.  I also made a page about everywhere I've ever lived, and there have been many addresses over the years.  Years ago, someone I knew told me I was a classic Third Culture Kid, happy to be moving around every few years.  I read up on this subject and although I don't fit the classic TCK genre, there may be something to it.  What I do know is that this page will be helpful to future family historians when they can't find me on a census!
I should point out here that no-one related to me still has any connection to the addresses that I have listed.  And obviously, my current address is the one blacked out.
I also used this format to make a page for my One Little Word project.  It turned out to be quite a personal page and I'm not ready to show it yet.  It may appear on my blog later this year, tied in with something else, or it may not appear at all.  I'm happy just for it to be there right now. 

7 comments:

Ladkyis said...

The easiest way to help future family historians is to scan your census form and keep a copy of it with your family papers - Make sure you mark it to be kept - That's what we have done in 1991 and 2001. I have also made notes in the family history files about where we lived in 1981, 71, 61, 51 just so my descendants can trace us if they want to.

debs14 said...

Oh my goodness - so many and so varied addresses! You must have quite a life story to tell. Great idea to document it now!

Ann said...

Lovely pages and lots of info for future generations. I've never moved house very often - 3 houses since I married 30 years ago.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Ruth Sweetie...
How wonderful this idea is. I love it. Someday DS will be reading through these papers and thanking his sweet Mum for passing on all the information past. It is wonderful.

I also saw your new neat gadget. I must have one of those. I have so many 35mm negatives and how easy that appears to be. I will be googling to search for one as well. Thanks for the wonderful tip.

I hope you are all well. Have a glorious Sunday sweet friend.

Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Sian said...

Wow, this is so nicely done Ruth. I'm afraid I have slowed to a halt on my pages, but I really want to get back to it this week.

Amy said...

Ruth I am always drawn to your journaling - these pages are just beautiful - I love your style! :-)

humel said...

Fabulous pages, Ruth. Love the ideas you've incorporated here xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...