Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Design Your Life: Week 3

This week is all about repetition ~ the act of repeating something ~ repetition.  And remembering the lessons from weeks one and two when creating a LO.
 

An asymmetrical LO, with the two different sides providing balance.  The repetition comes in with the use of squares ~ a deliberate way to tie two differently designed pages together.
It's easy to guess which negatives I've been running through my scanner, isn't it?  One of the first albums I made, when I began scrapbooking, was the New York City one.  And, oh, my goodness ~ it's cringe-makingly bad (I'm not sure that's a proper use of the English language, but I'm sure you get my drift).  And wouldn't you know, there was plenty of apple-themed paper in my stash ~ how fortuitous! 

3 comments:

humel said...

I like the repetition - and the apples!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Ruth ~ I do like the repetition as well, and I love the photos you have used. When Carrie and I saw the Statue of Liberty during our trip to New York it was so amazing! I'm glad to see you have used it in your layout and posted it on your blog. :o)

Rhona said...

Each time I see your pages from DYL it makes me want to scrapbook (which is saying something as I don't remember the last time I made a page!) If only I could find some space on my desk!! xx