Sunday, 27 February 2011

Home

We are home again after a wonderful week with my mum.  DS is almost himself again, thankfully.
I didn't get any scrapping done, but I did get to show off my Yesterday & Today album ...
and I did come home with a treasure trove of old photo albums, an Army service record and copies of birth, marriage and death certificates.
Oh, and I met a lady who is my 3rd cousin, but sadly I forgot to photograph the occasion.  There's always next time ...
Now, what about that pile of laundry?

5 comments:

Sian said...

Never mind the laundry - look at that haul! A real treasure trove, indeed.

Kirsty.a said...

I was about to say the same thing. Forget the laundry - birth certificates are such fun. Do you use Ancestry.co.uk? If not I recommend it

Lizzie said...

That is quite a stash there! Plenty to help you with your album project - and lots of interesting stuff to think about (and questions to ask your mum!).
A 3rd cousin? I was recently at my auntie's funeral and I met some of her (and my dad's & uncle's) cousins. I never knew these ladies existed and they are so nice. One of them has recently moved to a village only 6 or 7 miles away from me - I want to go and visit her! It's rather wonderful to discover "new" relatives. I haven't got many aunts/uncles or cousins, so any extras are always very welcome!
Happy researching (and I should think the laundry pile could wait just a little bit, couldn't it? - you should see mine!)

Bernie said...

So glad DS is feeling better. You have a wonderful start there on your family history....:-)Hugs

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great looking pile of stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...