Tuesday, 15 February 2011

That One Little Word

As you know, because I've mentioned it enough times, my One Little Word for 2011 is better.  I'm even trying to photograph it this month.  Thing is, I'm struggling with it this week.  Truth be told, I'm feeling overawed by stuff that is going on in my family and I feel pretty darn miserable.
However, my blog friend Mel came to the rescue this evening, without even knowing it ... thank you, Mel.
So, a random number of happy thoughts ~ the prospect of meeting a blog friend next week, spending time with my mum and sister soon, albeit not at the same time, the prospect of a weekend away ~ by myself ~ to indulge in family history research and the prospect of meeting another blog friend at some point later this year.
And all of a sudden, things aren't so bad after all.  Things are looking decidedly better.

8 comments:

Bernie said...

God Bless you my friend, I have had a rough few weeks so I know what you mean by being overwhelmed.
Take care/I care....:-)Hugs

humel said...

Oh, Ruth... I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time lately, sending lots of hugs your way. Gosh, I well know that it can get overwhelming at times. Good for you finding so many happy thoughts to focus on. And this post has helped me to do the same, so thank you xx

Amy said...

Take care Ruth :-) It is hard to not have happy thoughts when presented with Mel's ichie.

Rhona said...

Glad you've found some positives to focus on and hoping the family stuff can be resolved and that you'll soon be feeling back on track. Take care of yourself! xx

furrypig said...

Sending hugs right back at you! I am trying real hard to think happy thoughts and hope to post some on my blog later too xxx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I felt the same way when I saw Mel's post this morning, Ruth! I have so much going on right now, and some icky family health issues to deal with, so when I saw her little quote it was a nice reminder to take a step back. I hope everything will sort out for you very soon! xo

Sian said...

And I hope they continue to improve x

Sandie said...

It's easy to let the good things be over shadowed by the more difficult things in our lives. Hope your family issues are sorted soon, and that you can find other good things to look forward to.
A weekend away indulging in your family history sounds a real treat. Do you use the Ancestery website?