Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Blogging For Scrapbookers: Revisited

You may have noticed that Shimelle Laine is re-running her hugely popular Blogging for Scrapbookers class again, followed up in April with a new and up to date sequel.  As Amy put it so well, Shimelle's online classes are some of the best around. They are economical, they provide access to class materials, message boards and forums forever, they are exceedingly friendly and supportive and Shimelle really knows how to teach, how to convey information and to inspire through words and pictures.

And it was through BFS that I came to know most of the ladies I chatted with on Sunday.  I never would have crossed paths with them otherwise.  Scrapbooking really has broadened my horizons, both literally and metaphorically, and for that I shall always be eternally grateful.
I scraplifted Shimelle's LO from yesterday's BFS prompt and came up with this.

Initially, I thought that it might need a title, but now that the journaling is in place, I don't think it does.

12 comments:

Beverly said...

Looks perfect to me, glad ya'll had such a lovely visit Sunday :)

Donna said...

Just popped over from Shimelle's. Looking forward to blogging along with you. D x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

LOVE this layout, Ruth! :o) I'm so happy that you did a layout about our call from last weekend. It's great to know that it's documented and saved forever. xo

Melissa said...

What a great layout - wonderful idea to snap a photo of the screen during a Skype call.

Photographing Mom said...

Great layout! Looking forward to taking this class again with you. :)

Carrie Rosalind said...

What a great layout! I hope that Shimelle sees it. :)

And I think that I need to take this Blogging for Scrapbookers class too!

Sian said...

Did Shimelle have any idea what she was starting?! It's the best investment I've made in a long time x

Karen said...

Love the page Ruth and like you, Amy and Sian have to say that this class was the best thing I have done for ages. It has opened up a whole new world of friends and opportunities.

Rhona said...

Love this layout Ruth, great to see our chat documented :) Making friends through blogging has definitely been an added bonus :) xx

Denise said...

Lovely layout and I totally agree about Shimelle's classes opening a whole new world up.

Sandie said...

I wasn't into blogging when the BFS course was last 'live' so I am doing it now.
How lovely that some of you met through the course and have continued to keep in touch ... and meet up through Skype!

humel said...

Yay, that's us! :-) So true, Shimelle's classes are amazing anyway, but when they lead to the friendships we now enjoy, they're priceless xx