Wednesday, 16 March 2011

One Little Word: March


The idea with One Little Word this month is to be proactive.  To put your OLW to use, to make it work for you.  Given that my word is better, I wasn't quite sure how to go about this.  And then it came to me.  This month I have put plans in place for a weekend trip to the city where my Grandad was born 107 years ago.  No more talking about it.  No more saying, "I should do ..." and more of saying," I am doing ...".  I have been proactive about something that has just been a dream for years.  And anything else that happens relating to this trip during the rest of March can just be added in.  
I've asked my Auntie along on this trip.  She did all the legwork for this side of our family history and all before the days of the Internet.  Back when you could spend all day in a records office and not find anything you were looking for at all.  Back when you went cross-eyed from spending too long in front of a micro-film reader.  My Auntie is just beginning to get involved with scrapbooking, after years of making cards, so I thought I'd make her a mini-book, using Ali's Scrapbook On The Road as my inspiration.  Like December Daily, the idea is to have all the foundation pages ready to go before your trip so all you have to do is add the photos, journaling and memorabilia.  Simple.  Better.
The icing on the cake is that this trip will give me the opportunity to meet Sian: you know what her OLW for 2011 is?  Reach.
Proactive is good.  Proactive is better

 

4 comments:

humel said...

Well now, that's just excellent :-) I'm so pleased at how this has worked out, and thrilled for both you and Sian that you'll be able to meet up xx

Sandie said...

How exciting on all counts... and I love the idea of putting the album together in advance. Something I might try for this years Journal Your Christmas. I'm still ploughing my way through at the moment but nearly there!
Have a GREAT time on your trip and how wonderful to be able to meet Sian!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Rith Sweetie...
How exciting to be taking a trip and with your Auntie as well. What a wonderful excursion for the two of you. I am so tickled for you.

I can't wait to see what it brings for your both. I can hear the chatter and the laughter as you travel along.

I am so happy to hear that you have her scrapbooking as well. What a fun way for her to share her history and photos as well. I have had some fun making LOs as well.

Hope you are doing well. I was tickled to see that your DH won a box of books, now how fun is that, on top of it DS is growing SO much. How sweet he looks with his books. I love it when you share his photos. He is SO precious.

Have a glorious St. Patty's Day tomorrow. Am anxiously awaiting word about your trip sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Sian said...

You know how much I'm looking forward to this :) x