Monday, 14 March 2011

Setting Them Free

That box of books?  The one mentioned here?  It's been cluttering up left in the spare bedroom for a few days and with the impending visit of my FIL looming, (he will need the space, can't afford for him to trip over them) I thought I'd take action and set a few of them free.  I randomly selected two books...

... and then randomly selected two of my followers as the recipients.  In the next few days, this lady and this lady can expect a parcel in the post.  Both books have been registered with bookcrossing so you will be able to add a leg to your book's journey.
If you'd like to be included in the next round of set-a-book-free, within in the next few weeks, I should think, just leave me a comment.  Overseas readers welcome, naturally.  With luck, we'll end up with something akin to Sian's Pass The Book, hopefully.  The list of titles available can be seen here.  I'm looking forward to getting to grips with All Quiet on the Western Front, a book I have been meaning to read for years, and Dissolution by C. J. Samson.  I am currently reading Dark Fire by Samson with my book group ~ it's terrific and keeping me up far too late in to the night.

5 comments:

Ladkyis said...

A fellow bookcrosser has just sent me Half of a yellow sun and I have tried to read it. I'm afraid it is just not my kind of book. I wish it was. World Book Night was such an exciting thing to do and for a Bookcrosser it was like being given an extra birthday!

furrypig said...

thanks for the opportunity to read some of these books, I have read a few already! Enjoy them xxx

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thank you for the book recommendations, always on the lookout for suggestions. That is so cool to "pay it forward" with these two books, very sweet. I sold bunches of childrens books at our yard sale, sad to see some of them go like "No, David" and "My Monster Mama".
Thank you also for the visit and comment and your DS will be nagging you to drive before you know it.

Kirsty.a said...

I'm always up for a freebie, but I've read a lot of these books. I didn't like Love in the Time of Cholora

susanmcl said...

Love the Sansom books---