Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Sharing History

Having decided to include emails from and a LO about Mel and Amy in my One Little Word album, it seems only right and proper to record in there the recent act of kindness for DS from Deb(Goodness, that was a lot of links!)
Deb very kindly sent me this photo of her and her mum, Marti ~ isn't it lovely?  I deliberately chose the title Sharing History for its play on words:
  • Deb and Marti have a shared history, obviously, as mother and daughter.
  • DS now has a shared history with Deb and Marti all because of a gift of books.
Under the hinged photo (surprise, using the Shimelle inspired design feature again), I placed a photo of DS with the books.  The photo of said hinged flap was taken before I added the journaling because I decided that it was too personal for sharing.
However, I will share with you something that Marti said,"It's pretty obvious what the reason was for {name} saving those books ~ they definitely belong to {DS}."

12 comments:

Rhona said...

Lovely layout Ruth, I love the way you've used all the different patterned papers and it works! I'm not that brave ;) xx

Karen said...

Love, love, love this page Ruth and the hidden photo and journaling is just perfect.

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

I love it, Ruth! My mom will too. Thanks so much for this! xo ♥

Marti said...

How precious! Thank you for being connected to our lives in the most unique way. Your journaling (Deb forwarded it to me) was very special! So happy DS is enjoying the books! xo

Lorraine said...

nice LO.

furrypig said...

that is a great title and a fab page! love it!

Carrie Rosalind said...

Aww...another great LO, Ruth! And I LOVE the title of the page - how clever! So glad that DS is still enjoying the books. <3

Alison said...

Love the LO...and the great title!
Alison xx

Amy said...

Ruth, you are the ideas woman at the moment - this is a great topic for a layout! I need to scrap my 'team teal' photos too :-)

Beverly said...

I love the layout and the title. It's a great pic of Deb and Mom and the colors work well. That was a greta gift :)

Sian said...

A real feel good post Ruth! That look of absorption on his face is priceless

Rachel B said...

Such a lovely page... and I love the hidden journaling section :)