Wednesday, 6 July 2011

The MotherLOAD

Those friendly girls at BPC began a new class this last week, although it could well be a re-run ~ The MotherLOAD {Scrapbook Marathon} ~ and yours truly is in for the whole 13 week haul.
Week 1, however, begins at a gentle pace.
  • Photograph your workspace:
~ one evening last week ~
  • Create a LO detailing why you scrapbook.  Oh, how I hate that question, "Why do you scrapbook?"  I love scrapbooking, as you well know, but I do find it hard to articulate the reasons why I love it so much.  No LO yet, but I have managed to construct a few sensible sentences.  For example, I scrapbook to leave a living family history for those who came after me. 
So what about you?  Are you signed up for this class?  What's your space looking like just now?  And how do you explain your hobby?

8 comments:

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

The same reason we all do. We enjoy it and it leaves something for future generations to look at in years to come. Much better than trawling through hundreds of photos and wondering who all those people are.

Cheri said...

Ruth - tons of reasons have been posted in the layouts in the gallery. It's a great place to get some inspiration for your own thoughts about scrapbooking. My primary reason is because I like arts & crafts! I consider it cheap therapy! I also see it as a social activity.

Alison said...

Not only do I enjoy the creative side of scrapbooking and want to leave something for future generations, but when I'm old, with a fading memory I hope to be able to look back and see that I really DID have a good life!
Alison xx

Ladkyis said...

I do it because, when I was a young mother, my Dad said "Remember, you have to make memories for children if you want them to have any."

He had photgraph albums with the dates and names of the people and pages of notes telling the stories so scrapbooking has been in my family for over 60 years!

Kirsty.a said...

This sounds great, but I think the classes at BPS are quite pricy compared with Shim's. She's starting a new one soon so I'll go for that.
As to the big question - because I love the process and the result, to preserve memeories and to showcase my photos

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I looked at the class but can't make the time commitment. Sounds like an interesting one though

furrypig said...

I really liked the look of this class but it doesn't fit in with my summer plans and access to scrapping etc etc so not doing it. I am however going to join up to Shimelles class as I think I can probably fit it in! Plus I am becoming addicted to Shimelle's classes xxx

Sian said...

I just wouldn't have the time for this one - my desk is getting tidied and cleared in preparation for the holidays. So Shimelle's class is out for me too. But I have signed up for the BPS journaling one for August

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured post

It's Just a Word

Autism. Such a small word, only six letters long. Autism. Such a big word, powerful enough to fill a parent's heart with dread and fe...